Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Journey into instant parenthood: meanwhile in SLC

While Jessica was unintentionally becoming a single mom of two kids, I was unknowingly preparing for the time of my life. 

I was never really great in the dating world, for many reasons. I never liked to play the games that men and women play while dating. You know, the whole wait two days before you call or let the phone ring just to make them wonder what you are doing. Those things just aren't me; if I liked you, I would say it, if I wanted to text you then I would text you. That's not what everyone wants, but I wanted to be able to be myself with the girl I was dating. 

Another reason I was not great in the dating world was because I am not an outgoing person really. So, most of my relationships pre-Jessica, were through work because barriers were broke down and girls got to know me better. Relationships and work do not mesh.

So.... while Jessica was going through her struggles, I was going through mine. 

It's funny how things in your past prepare you for what you are going through now or in the future. I believe that one of the reasons Jessica fell for me, is because I fell for her and didn't play like I didn't. It's something she liked, the honesty and straight forwardness. For all the single people out there, it doesn't always pay off to play the games.  

No comments:

Post a Comment